Here at Cake Stands, Fiona is our resident cake display expert and here are her tips on displaying your wedding cake:
Hi everyone! I’m here to help you take some pressure off your big day. After many hours of deciding what cake you want, your next step is finding a cake stand and deciding how to best present it. Your cake stand needs to be seen but most of all you want to show your cake off as much as possible.
Your cake stand is the finishing touch to the most special cake you will have made in your life so you need to make sure you choose the right one. We are here to provide you with help and innovative ideas to provide your big day with the sparkle that you are looking for.
Here are some simple tips to keep in mind when considering wedding cake presentation:
- Your cake stand should be the same size or slightly bigger than the bottom tier of your cake. If you are looking to decorate around you cake, you will need a bigger stand to enable you to decorate it.
- A stand will make smaller cakes appear larger than they are. So, if you’re on a tight budget you can make your cake look more impressive by putting it onto a contemporary acrylic cake stand.
- Always bear in mind that your cake has to be taken to the location, so you need to make sure that your decorator or designer can assemble and present your cake at the location. All of our Crystal Clear stands are perfect as they are so simple to use and make your special day even more stunning.
- Make sure that your wedding cake is displayed in the right location at the venue – remember, you want to be proud of your cake. You can even improve your wedding cake presentation with LED lights.
- Most of all, remember that this is your big day so enjoy it!
Along with the rest of the Cake Stands team, I’m here to help and guide you through the process of choosing your wedding cake stand. You can contact us by phone or email, or get in touch on Facebook